About Friends of Falun Gong
Friends of Falun Gong, USA (FoFG USA) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization founded in the year 2000 by concerned Americans.
Our mission is to support the freedom of belief of persons who practice Falun Gong. FoFG USA believes that people everywhere should have the right to practice Falun Gong (also called Falun Dafa), a spiritual path that includes nonviolence. FoFG USA is focused on preventing and ending violations of the right to practice Falun Gong openly, freely, and with dignity, worldwide.
To achieve its mission, FoFG USA is dedicated to:
- Advocating for Falun Gong practitioners’ fundamental rights.
- Providing the public, the government, and nongovernmental organizations with detailed facts about the persecution of Falun Gong.
- Piercing through the lies the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has been disseminating about Falun Gong and replacing that propaganda with facts about the CCP’s campaign of terror.
- Making public the pervasive and insidious nature of and atrocities being committed by the CCP in its persecution of Falun Gong.
- Supporting legal action to redress past human rights violations and prevent future ones.
- FoFG USA has no political or religious affiliation.
In the spring of 2000, a group of concerned American citizens wanted to take action to raise awareness about the terrible injustice facing Falun Gong practitioners in China.
Having the common desire to restore and protect the fundamental rights of Falun Gong practitioners, they turned for advice to a long-time champion of human rights issues, former U.S. Ambassador Mark Palmer, who has been following the plight of Falun Gong practitioners. At the time, Ambassador Palmer was the Vice-Chairman of the Board for Freedom House, and he still serves on that board. Among his many other achievements, Ambassador Palmer co-founded of the National Endowment for Democracy.
After months of hard work, in November 2000, with the help of Ambassador Palmer and others, Friends of Falun Gong USA was formally established. Friends of Falun Gong organizations were then established in several countries around the world, including Australia, Ireland, and the United Kingdom. All work toward the same goals: to inform governments, nongovernmental organizations, and the public about the persecution of Falun Gong, and encourage peaceful activism aimed at ending that persecution.
Friends of Falun Gong is dedicated to ending violations of the right to practice Falun Gong freely, openly, and with dignity throughout the world. We work to achieve this mission through education and supporting appropriate legal action to redress and prevent such violations.
Ambassador Palmer once stated that Falun Gong is “the largest nonviolent movement since Gandhi in India…And like Mahatma Gandhi and Dr. King, and Solidarity in Poland and the ANC in South Africa, this just cause will triumph.”
Friends of Falun Gong USA is determined to make that vision a reality.
Directors and Staff
- Alan Adler, Executive Director
- Dana Cheng, Ph.D., Deputy Director
- Christine Lin, Editor
- Adam Miller, Editor
- Michael Courter, Editor
- Fae Price, Editor
- Tynan Colin Beatty, Webmaster
- Ken Truong, Social Media Manager
- Diana Molovinsky, Community Outreach
Artists for Friends of Falun Gong
- Timothy Gebhart
Friends of Falun Gong USA
24 W. Railroad Avenue #124
Tenafly, NJ 07670