FoFG is an organization of volunteers united to support the freedom of belief of Falun Gong practitioners in China and around the world.
The work of student chapters is crucial in raising awareness and inspiring collective action in support of Falun Gong practitioners.
Starting a student chapter
Student activism has the potential to affect great change. We welcome anybody to form a college or university chapter of Friends of Falun Gong.
- Find out the rules for creating a club on campus
- Naming of the club: The official name of the club shall be “Friends of Falun Gong [name of college/university] Chapter”
- Club members
- Club meeting times
- Club activities: See document Sample Activities
- Contact a FoFG coordinator for approval
- Find a sponsor/ faculty advisor
- Sign FoFG Campus Chapter Letter of Commitment
The FoFG Campus Chapter Letter of Commitment
Sec 1: Conduct
The goal of FoFG is to raise awareness of Falun Gong and the persecution in China, and bring an end to the inhumane practices of systematic torture and abuse, including forced organ harvesting. We ask that you exercise creativity and good judgment in planning and carrying out activities.
FoFG Chapters are NOT to collect donations from general public. You can get funds from college/university. You can also apply for funds from FoFG headquarter for specific activities.
FoFG Chapters should be inclusive environments accepting of all members regardless of age, race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, and background.
While representing Friends of Falun Gong, members shall conduct themselves in a dignified and respectful manner.
Follow the rules of college/university.
A note on the meditation practice
While some Friends of Falun Gong members learn Falun Gong exercises and have gained a better understanding of Falun Gong. Club members don’t have the obligation to learn or teach the Falun Gong exercises. We encourage club members and officers to refer those interested in the practice to local practice site for instruction. You may find local contacts on this page: http://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-global-contacts.html
Sec 2: Materials
Please contact FoFG to order the following items:
- Flyers and posters
Sec 3: Other Chapters
We encourage communication and coordination with other FoFG Campus Chapters. As more chapters are formed, we may publish their information on this site.
Each chapter can create/organize its own activities for the mission of FoFG. Here are a few examples for your reference.
- Organizing students to join a local parade
- Organizing walk, run, bike to free practitioners in China.
- Hosting screenings of Falun Gong films such as Hard to Believe, Free China, or The Bleeding Edge
- Hosting panels with human rights activists, journalists, and China experts
- Organizing guest lecturers for relevant classes such as China studies
- Petition drive
- Publishing guest posts in the campus newspaper
- Raising awareness on key dates such as May 13, World Falun Dafa Day, or July 20, the start of the persecution in 1999.
This letter of commitment is to be understood and signed by all officers and advisors of the club. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.